Simpler Media Group (“SMG”) is seeking a detail-oriented team player to serve as an Event Coordinator. This paid position is full-time (40 hours per week) and remote, but may require some travel and/or office days.
The Event Coordinator works closely with the Vice President of Events and the Director of Event Programming on the organization’s portfolio of conferences, virtual events and custom client events.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Development (40%)
- Coordinate speaker content planning calls
- Facilitate the collection of speaker materials – regularly communicate upcoming deadlines, technology requirements, calendar holds, etc.
- Upload speaker materials to the Virtual Event Hub
- Complete speaker registrations
- Submit event programs to HRCI and SHRM for recertification credits
- Help grow our database of potential speakers by researching industry events, speaker bureaus and other outreach, including call for speakers campaigns
Client Management (40%)
- Coordinate client kick-off calls
- Facilitate the collection of sponsored materials – regularly communicate upcoming deadlines, technology requirements, calendar holds, etc.
- Upload sponsor materials to the Virtual Event Hub
- Conduct sponsor training sessions
- Generate and distribute sponsor lead reports
Event Operations (20%)
- Update event websites and apps
- Maintain speaker database health
- Provide registration and attendee customer service
- QA all presentation videos and virtual event pages
- Manage event Slack communities
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Interest in technology, and how it impacts our personal and professional lives
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to prioritize and reprioritize as conditions change and deliver on time
- Strong interpersonal skills, energy, drive and initiative; Results and goal oriented
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Works efficiently and accurately in both independent and collaborative team environments
- Demonstrated ability to create and modify procedural documentation, timelines, and program plans
- Confidence to raise issues and communicate with all levels of staff
- Willingness to learn and take on more responsibility over time
Education Requirements and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree required with a focus in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Project Management or other related field preferred.
- One or more years of demonstrated professional experience, preferably in an agency and/or marketing setting
- Prior experience interfacing with customers is required
Computer and Technical Skills
- Proficiency in the use of Google Docs and Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required
- Working knowledge of Marketo, HubSpot, Salesforce marketing cloud or similar marketing automation platform
- Experience working with webinar platforms such as ON24, Zoom, WebEx, GoToWebinar or similar programs
- Experience working with Swoogo, Cvent, Bizzabo or similar event management software
- Interest in learning new software platforms and databases
Competitive salary, full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k), fast paced but work/life balanced office/remote environment, diverse team, flat management structure, agile business operations, lots of opportunity to develop new skills and take on new responsibilities.
This is a full time job that can be fully remote and is location agnostic. You must work during N. American business hours. Some light travel will eventually (post COVID-19) be required, typically to our conferences and company meetings.
Who We Are
Simpler Media Group is a small but established, fun, profitable and growing B2B media, research and events company with presence in San Francisco, Chicago, New York, and Boston. We create and operate vertical B2B tech communities with online publications like www.cmswire.com and www.reworked.co, and two focused conference series — www.dxsummit.com and www.dwexperience.com — that serve to inspire, inform and connect sophisticated digital professionals.
Want to know more? Check out our team: https://www.simplermedia.com/about/#team
Please mail a cover letter, your resume and your Linkedin profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.